10 Ways For Grooms To Save Money For The Big Day
It’s can be very easy for grooms to take a back seat when it comes to making arrangements for thier wedding day and let their bride to be take control but here are 10 Ways For Grooms To Save Money For The Big Day without too much effort!
- Be involved in the wedding planning – keep an eye on what is being spent on what, printed silk napkins are lovely but…… If you do know what things cost, if you do not know about them!
- Try and get three quotes for everything, and choose the best value for money quote – if you get only get two quotes one might be high, one might be low and you might not have any idea what the middle price range will bring. If you want a quote for a great wedding DJ click the link at the top!!
- Spend money on the items that matter more to you and your guests, and not on the items that are ‘fluff’ – wedding favours can be lovely, but you would not believe the number that are left on the tables at the end of the night! It’s like leaving a £5 note eveywhere.
- Cut down on your the numbers on your guest list that are invited to the meal – does your old flat mate your other half has not met and you have not seen seen in 5 years really deserve a table sitting?
- Ask for discounts – get your quotes in, chose your favourite and then ask for a discount – you might not get one but if you do not ask you will not get them
- Ask for money towards your honeymoon rather than gifts from people – many couple have established homes before they marry, so another 3 toast racks are not that useful.
- Book your wedding during the off season or have it on a Sunday or mid week – many venues and suppliers offer discounts for off season dates and those not on a Friday or Saturday – bank holiday weekends can be ideal!
- Be thrifty were it will not be noticed by your guests – will they notice if you just have plain table clothes and not those expensive to hire lace numbers? Most probably not. Will they notice the crap DJ they have had to ensure for 5 hours – they most probably will. Spend your money wisely.
- Start saving early – weddings are not usually cheap due to the numbers of people involved – so start putting something away regularly to pay for it all. The earlier you start the easier it will be. Starting married life having to pay off the cost of a huge wedding is not ideal.
- Set a budget for your wedding early on – researching for this will give you an idea of the total bill you are letting yourself in for for, the type of wedding you want. Keep track of what your are spending against the items in your budget and adjust spending accordingly. There will alway be something you have not thought about or something that is that little bit more extravagent than you has planner so add 10 % contigency to your budget to cover these and similar items.
By following the advice set out here listing 10 Ways For Grooms To Save Money For The Big Day, you will save money – it will not be an easy road, and sometimes there might be a bit of friction between you and your lovely bride to be, but by discussing it and doing it together, it will bring you closer together as a couple – hopefully!
Above all do not lose sight of the fact of why your are arranging this celebration in the first place.
Best Wishes and Good Luck