First Dance Tips – 5 Top Tips
Thinking about taking to the dance floor for your First Dance can be a worry for some couples – here are 5 Top Tips to help ease your nerves:-
- One of the first decisions to be made is deciding on the mood you wish to make – do you want a slow romantic first dance or do you want something a bit more lively and up tempo? How confident you are in your dancing abilities or your own nervousness about performing in public may effect this decision.
- Choose a song that you both like – you may just like the song or the song may have a special meaning to you as a couple – it may of been the song you first had a dance to, it may of been the song from that festival you went to – there are as many different reasons for choosing a particular song as there are couples – the decision is yours. If you do not have a ‘our song‘ maybe ask your Wedding DJ for some suggestions.
- When choosing a song listen carefully to the lyrics – a top tip here is to venture onto YouTube and look for a video featuring your songs lyrics. Some romantic sounding songs may not have a romantic meaning.
- Avoid any potential pitfalls on the day by practiseing dancing in your wedding shoes with your wedding dress on – the moves you can do in your trackies might not be possible when dressed up on the day.
- Try and enjoy your First Dance – dancing is meant to be fun! If you are nervous about your ability or want to try something a little bit different why not book a couple of dancing lessons ahead of time.
If you would like more top tips and advice contact John on Tel 01795 429777, Mobile 07895 546183 or by email to discuss your Wedding DJ needs or questions.
Click on the link for Wedding DJ Kent venues.