Help To Find The Right Wedding DJ For You
If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding, as you have most probably found, there are hundreds of self-proclaimed ‘specialist’ wedding DJs out there to choose from – some are very good and some are of ‘variable quality’.
Choosing the right Wedding DJ is very important to the overall success of your day, and this importance is often either not realised or overlooked by brides and grooms.
If you take a step back and take an overview of your wedding day, your chosen Wedding DJ could be with you and your guests for a large part of your special day.
Your wedding DJ could be performing for you from when your guests start arriving for your ceremony playing ceremony music, until they leaving singing and dancing out of the door in the early hours of the morning.
Is there anyone who will be with you and your guests together for longer?
By following these top tips for finding a good Wedding DJ, you will find the right Wedding DJ for you.
Personal experience – if you have been to a friend’s or relative’s wedding recently and liked the Wedding DJ they had – makes some investigations and book him or her if they are available. Actually seeing a Wedding DJ perform is one of the best ways to find your Kent Wedding DJ – however no two weddings and wedding guest lists are the same and that particular Wedding DJ might not be right for the style of wedding entertainment you want for your wedding.
- Book early – many good wedding DJs are booked months or even years ahead – by starting your search early you will have more choice – leaving it too late may leave you with a DJ that does not offer the best value for money both in terms of cost and quality.
- Some times you can get a good wedding DJ at a very good price if you leave it until the last-minute to book – if they have a date available they may well be keen to get the date in the diary filled – it’s risky but if you want to take the chance…..
- Ask friends and relatives – have they been to a wedding where a good Wedding DJ was performing – did most people have a good time? This is a good starting point but further investigation is needed – will they suit your wedding and your choice of music – Aunty Flo might of had a great time dancing the night away to Night Fever and doing the Conga but is that the type of music you want? If it is great.
- Search wedding forums – ask for advice within a wedding forum from brides who have had a great wedding reception – the advice given is usually unbiased, although as in all walks of life, some may be seen through ‘rose tinted glasses’.
- Search through wedding magazines – there are many wedding magazines out there offer great advice and advertise the services of Wedding DJs – these tend to be ‘higher end’ DJs that charge appropriately higher fees to cover their advertising costs!
- Ask your wedding venue – many venues will have no hesitation in recommending a Weddding DJ to you, some venues only allow you to use the ‘in-house’ Wedding DJ, some venues will charge you extra for using your own choice of Wedding DJ if you do not use the ‘in-house’ DJ, some venues will include a wedding DJ in your package charged to you at £450.00 (which costs them £250.00) and many venues allow you to use the wedding DJ of your choice.
- Search Google (maybe Yellow Pages but when was the last time you looked in there!) – many good Wedding DJs (and bad ones!) can be found using your favourite search engine – generally the organic listings are the best choice (in Google the 3 listings at the top of the page and down the right hand side are paid for adverts that anyone can pay for to be listed). Those sites listed on the first 2 pages of the 1,402,005 or so listings will be the best ones to make further investigations of.
Once you have shortlisted a few DJs for your wedding make further investigations, ask for a quote, compare the quotes you get and phone up and talk, or maybe meet, with a couple of wedding DJs to see if you ‘click’.
Ask for testimonials, or maybe even ask to talk to their previous clients directly, to further qualify your selections. A good DJ for wedding will be able to provide you with some glowing testimonials, or show you some he has typed for himself on his website, but please remember that they are hardly going to show you their bad reports or let you contact a previous bride that was not so happy is he or she?
By following these pointers you will narrow down your search for the wedding dj that is right for your wedding.
And here’s the sales pitch…………
To help you find the right Wedding DJ for your wedding even faster contact John on Tel 01795 429777, Mobile 07895 546183 or by email to discuss your Wedding DJ requirements or click on the banner below.