Looking for a wedding checklist?
I am a self confessed wedding checklist-aholic – if there is such a term!
One of the best investments you can make for your wedding is a small notebook – as small as possible to carry around with you where ever you go.
If you think of an idea, see something you might use for your wedding, a song you would like played at your wedding reception – anything that comes to mind write it down in your note book – those shoes, that tie, those shoes, that gift for the bridesmaid – wite it in your notebook. It will save you all the worry about forgetting things, and anything you do forget – where will it be………in your notebook – it will be the best 50p you spend on your wedding!
When you start out planning your wedding having a wedding checklist to act as a guide is very useful. There are loads of wedding checklists available on-line but none will be the perfect match for your wedding.
What I suggest is having a look at a few and form your own wedding checklist picking out the best and most relevant items and adding in your own.
Here are some examples from the internet I have research out for you to get you on your way:-
Get your big day organised and banish stress with our must-read wedding checklist!
18 months to go
- Announce your engagement!
- Talk about the kind of day you’d like
- Choose the type of ceremony you’d like
- Set your budget (and start saving!)
- Look at venue ideas
- Start your fitness and diet plan — now!
12 months to go
- Set a wedding date
- Choose bridesmaids and ask them
- Compile a guest list
- Arrange the wedding licence with registrar
- Book the registrar and time of ceremony
- Start a scrapbook or moodboard
- Book a photographer
- Start looking for the perfect dress!
We have spent some time looking at websites and in magazines and thanks to some very clever bloggers and writers, have come up with the definative list for you to plan your wedding too! Let us know how your plans are going by dropping us an email: email@example.com
As soon as possible
- Make key decisions – e.g. type of ceremony, wedding theme, colour scheme.
- Agree wedding budget
- It’s a great idea to set up dedicated bank account for all wedding costs
- Investigate venues and make a decision you both agree on and support
- Take out wedding insurance
- Book a church or approved a venue for ceremony
- Book ceremony time and date with minister or registrar
- Give notice at your local register office
- Book reception venue
Wedding Plan Checklist
Planning a Wedding is simply getting organised. Our 12 month printable Wedding plan checklist which will help turn your dream into a reality!
12 Months or More Before the Wedding
- Announce your engagement
- Choose your engagement ring
- Determine the style and theme of your wedding whether this be (formal, semi-formal,informal)
- Make a list of what is important to you for a wedding this will help determine your budget
- Discuss the wedding budget and who will pay for what
- Decide on a wedding date and start searching wedding venues
- Find a wedding officiant (the person who will marry you) and apply for the necessary licence’s
9 To 11 Months Before the Wedding
Begin your search for vendors:
- Bridal Gown
- Formal Suit Hire
I hope these wedding checklist tips have helped – buy that little notebook tomorrow and start using it!
When you have your wedding checklist – one of the items may well be wedding entertainment and in particular you might be looking for a good Wedding DJ.
Yes- you’ve guest it – I can help you in that department too!
Have a look at my Wedding DJ page for more details of the Wedding DJ service in Kent I offer and call me to discuss how I can help make your evening very special.
I like to provide my clients with that little bit more – I provide them with what they want, need and deserve for their wedding reception – it is a special occasion and should be treated as such. Doing it right requires a Wedding DJ with the right skills and resources that I will bring to your celebration.
It’s the personal attention to detail and planning that will bring your dream party to life. JMF Disco will provide you with all the help you need to organise your special day, including providing you with a custom Wedding Reception Planner (I love lists!) to help organise your special day and the music you want to hear to help make your evening unforgettable.
Contact John on Tel 01795 429777, Mobile 07895 546183 or by email to discuss your Wedding DJ requirements.
Check back soon for more great tips for your wedding or party on the JMF Disco Blog