Your wedding day will be one of the most memorable days in your life.
Thinking about planning your wedding day will either fill you with excitement or fill you with dread!
Even if you start out all excited and eager to get things arranged just as you want them, that excitement can turn in to stress very quickly.
Here are a few tips to help you becoming stressed out over what should be a very enjoyable day.
- Make a plan. Setting out a schedule will help reduce stress. List out everything you can think of that you want to have at your wedding – ceremony, wedding dress, reception venue, photographer, Wedding DJ, cake, flowers, balloons, everything you can think of – list it out. This does not have to be every single item at the moment – you can add to it as items arise as you are planning your wedding. Then put a timescale together between now and your wedding, and list out those items against the timescale to try and plan ahead what should be done and when. Try and break the timescale down into weekly chunks, so that you have a list of achievable targets to aim for. Having a target ot aim for will reduce your stress levels.
- Get help. You do not have to do all of this on your own. I encourage you to share the task with your partner. If you can get friends and close relatives to help – so much the better. Every little task on your list you can get somebody to do will ease your stress. Please remember that although they are helping you, you are still in overall control – let them know in no uncertain terms that it is ‘my way or the highway’. If you let others take over your wedding planning this will certainly raise your stress levels – be aware!
- Planning your wedding over a longer period will help with your budgeting and work load. A longer engaemnt allows you to save up a bit long and spreads the workload to reduce your stress levels – however do not be tempted to keep putting things off thinking you have plenty of time – time quickly goes and there are always last minutes items to attend to.
- Get three quotes. If you just get one quote for you Wedding DJ how do you know if the price they have given you is high or low? Does the service they provide offer you value for money? Get two or three quotes to compare – you might not go for the cheapest you might go for the one that offers the best value for money service – now who could I suggest for that… mmmmm!
- Do some exercise. If you alreay have a ‘keep fit’ regime great – if you don’t doing even a little bit of exercise will naturally reduce your stress levels and might make you feel and look a bit better. If your dress does not fit any more due to some weightloss it might up the stress levels but….
- Remember it is just one day. It is a special day there is no denying that, but you must not lose sight of the fact the day is really all about you and your loved one commiting to each other, if something does not go quite as planned it is not the end of the world. And similarly do not go overboard with your spending for just one day – starting a marriage with a huge debt is not ideal.
- Do what you want to do. With all the help you are getting (hopefully) do not feel pressurised by others into doing anything that you do not want to, wedding traditions are great but you do not have to have a spotlight First Dance if you do not want one. It’s your special day and it should be done your way!
I hope these tips help to reduce your wedding planning stress.
And here is the sales pitch……if you would like JMF Disco to take the stress of arranging your wedding reception entertainment away from you, and make this important aspect of your wedding as easy as possible to arrange get in contact with us today.