How Much Does A Wedding DJ Cost?
Many brides and grooms enquiries to this Wedding DJ often start with the question How Much Does A Wedding DJ Cost?
For most brides and grooms this is naturally the first question to ask, as most will not of booked a Wedding DJ before, indeed they may well not of booked any form of DJ before. On the face of it, how much does a wedding dj cost appears to be a simple question, but to answer the question quite a bit of additional information is required to answer it correctly!
A simple answer to how much does a wedding dj charge would be from a few hundred pounds to over a thousand pounds as the experience and service offered varies – however this simple answer does not provide much help with your wedding dj budget.
As with many other service provider there will be a number of factors that need to be taken into consideration by your wedding dj before he or she is able to give you a wedding dj cost estimate. These factors could include:-
- Venue – location – travel distance – access – parking
- Wedding DJ performance time – longer hours = greater cost
- Wedding DJ set up times – just before performance or in morning
- Time of year – July busy – Christmas busy – February less busy
- Day of week – Saturday busy – Tuesday less busy
- Special occasions – New Years Eve busy – Pancake Day less busy!
- Type and size of room – huge marquees will require better/more equipment than a small hotel function room
- Type of show required – a huge ‘roadshow’ for a full on nightclub experience will be more expensive than a smaller more discreet set up
- Supply and demand factors – a reputable experienced wedding dj can command higher fees than a younger DJ just starting his DJ career
These are the important factors that will be taken into consideration by a Wedding DJ when trying to answer your question ‘how much does a dj cost for a wedding?’.
However each Wedding DJ may or may not take into consideration these items, or may take in others that affect them personally. For example:-
- Some part-time Wedding DJs find it very difficult to take time off their usual scaffolding job to perform at your wedding mid-week – they may have to take a days annual holiday, which they will take into consideration when formulating a quote.
- Sometimes the increased distance a Wedding DJ has to travel has it’s advantages. – the commuting Wedding DJ! In my own circumstances I live in North Kent which is ideally suited to travel all around the south-east corner of the UK – and even though I live 30 miles from London – I can often provide a more competitive quote for weddings in London than Wedding DJs that live in ‘the smoke’!
- Booking early can secure you a better deal – and the actual date you want! The better Wedding DJs are businesses and as such are keen to fill their diaries – better DJs know that they will be booked during the ‘wedding season’ and at very busy times of the year – but they are also aware as businesses they also have to fill the other dates in their diaries – someone has to pay all the bills! – by booking early a Wedding DJ may well sharpen their pencil a bit in order to secure a booking sooner rather than later.
Armed with this information you will be better placed to have the information to hand when you phone around for a few wedding dj quotes, because your wedding dj will ask some, all and, no doubt, a few other questions when you call to ask how much does a wedding dj cost?
Ultimately to find the answer to your question get a few quotes from a shortlist of Wedding DJs – generally they will be in the order of £250.00 – £500.00 for an evenings entertainment but price should not be the only factor you consider – compare the quotes you get to see what is being offered, phone what the appear to be the most suitable to see if you ‘click’ and book your choice as soon as you can!
And here’s the sales pitch!……..
I like to provide my clients with that little bit more – I provide them with what they want, need and deserve for their wedding reception – it is a special occasion and should be treated as such. Doing it right requires a Wedding DJ with the right skills and resources that I will bring to your celebration.
It’s the personal attention to detail and planning that will bring your dream wedding reception to life. JMF Disco will provide you with all the help you need to organise your special day, including providing you with a custom Wedding Reception Planner to help organise your special day and the music you want to hear to help make your wedding unforgettable.
Contact your John on Tel 01795 429777, Mobile 07895 546183 or by email to discuss your Wedding DJ needs or questions.
Check out the Wedding DJ Kent service I provide or click on the link above to find out your wedding dj cost!